Saturday 13 September 2014

Mindy, will you marry me?

Can we PLEASE talk about how much I love Mindy Kaling? Yes, OK? Great because I LOVE MINDY KALING! Reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me has allowed me to crush harder than I though possible and she is truly a fabulous role model. I beg any young woman that want's to crack the male driven entertainment industry to read this book and basically take on a kind of Kaling hybrid version of yourself. She is a staple example of a group of incredible women, along side the likes of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler that are soon becoming the kind of hero's girls so desperately need. Move over Miley Cyrus, Kaling's got this teen idol job down.

I could quit easily write a whole post dedicated to how gorgeous she is and how badly i wish I could dress like her everyday. I spend far too much of my lunch break trolling through her instagram to see what she's wearing and how she's rocking her curves. I have serious hip envy. However, I thought I'd better share with you the real reason why she's my role model. This girl dominates every professional situation she's in. As my other half will tell you, I watch The Office US repeats all day long, so reading how she worked her way into the predominately male The Office writing staff and slayed with some of the funniest scenes out of the entire show fills me with that gooey warm hearted sensation that 14 year old's feel when they watch One Direction. Or maybe 20 year old's watching O.D? Hey, I'm not judging. Not only that but she played one of my favorite characters ever, Kelly Kapoor, who just sums up everything I find funny AND check this out, she freaking produced half of the show. Seriously, triple threat much? She has my dream life and if I'm not careful this fantasy of us becoming BFF's may get out of hand.

My love and admiration for Mindy Kaling only intensified when The Mindy Project graced our UK screen and my buddy Jess and I found a new rival for our affection towards Mindy; Chris Messina aka Dr. Danny Castellano. Damn girl, how about that casting? Can i get a round of applause for the casting director? However, after lengthy discussion and many 'snapchats', Jess and I determined that as easy on the eye as Dr.. Castellano is, Miss Kaling really is the whole package.

Within Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me not only do we get an insight into how Kaling worked her way to the business & entertainment Queen she is now but also chapters such as Don't Peak in High School, Best Friends Rights and Responsibilities and In Defense of Chest Hair allow us to laugh along at her quick and relatable humour that made me love her in the first place. READ IT. She's brilliant.



Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment