Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Begining

As I find myself at the age of twenty three, working full time in retail and spending the majority of my time planning my escape route should the zombie apocalypse hit, I've decided to do what any typical uni graduate would do in this time of bewilderment and terror. What's that you ask? Why, start a blog of course; so here I am!

After graduating from St. Mary's University in 2013, I've spent the following year doing on/off teaching experience at a local college, planning my journey back to education to start a teacher training course and consuming shameful amounts of Netflix. I'm a Film & Popular culture graduate so I like to think that my alarming consumption of film, television and literature has all contributed to my wealth of knowledge that I will someday pass down to my students. However, since I've got to wait another year to start my training, I thought it was about time I used my entertainment addiction to do something productive.

My aim for this blog is to review my current reads and get a little creative with my own writing. I majored in Scrip Writing at uni and love fueling my inspiration by devouring as many books, plays, television shows, film & scripts as I can. If you're looking for a philosophical debate that really gets down and dirty into the 'must reads' of contemporary and vintage literature or if you're looking for a place where every discussion is an opportunity to impress you with my distaste for everything; then to be frank, you're in the wrong place. However, if you'r interested in the honest opinions of an everyday reader, general fan-girling over my Netflix list and my attempt at answering some of the 'big' questions then congratulations friend, you're in the right place.


Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment